We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site (www.pta.gov.pk). By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Policy & Purpose:
This Policy represent the policy of Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) with respect to retention and destruction of documents and other records, both in hard copy and electronic media (which may merely be referred to as "documents" in this Policy).
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Purposes of the Policy include:
a) retention and maintenance of documents necessary for the proper functioning of the organization as well as to comply with applicable legal requirements;
b) destruction of documents which no longer need to be retained.
c) guidance for the focal persons, director generals, directors, officers, staff and other constituencies with respect to their responsibilities concerning uploading the up to date contents, documents retention and destruction.
d) protect user's privacy and keep their personal information safe. We use encryption and other security safeguards to protect customer data
e) Notwithstanding the foregoing PTA reserves the right to revise or revoke this Policy at any time.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Administrator, after consultation with concerned Law department or Counsel as the case may be, to determine how privacy laws will apply to the organization's documents from and with respect to employees and other constituencies, to establish reasonable procedures for compliance with such privacy laws; and to allow for their audit and review on a regular basis.
- Our privacy commitments are basic fundamental to the way we do business every day. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us - including customers and our Web site visitors.
Information Collection And Use:
- While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name ("Personal Information").
- We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("www.pta.gov.pk").
- This may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you when you interact with us, when you use our products and services such as (NOC and custom clearance, online numbering system, online complaint and stolen mobile search) on our website. This information is used to deliver, provide and repair products or services; establish and maintain customer accounts and records; Information may also be aggregated or de-identified for business and marketing uses by us or by third parties.
Listed below are some of the important points regarding how your information is being used by us:
- Provide services and improve your customer experience;
- Respond to your questions;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and services;
- Let you know about service updates, content, offers and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- Deliver Relevant Advertising;
- Assist in the prevention and investigation of illegal activities and violations of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policies.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Changes to this Policy:
Postal: PTA Headquarters, Sector F- 5/1, Islamabad, Pakistan. 44000
Toll Free Number: 0800-55055