Type Approval General Info
How To Apply
- Application form for Type Approval of Mobile (SIM based) and Terminal Devices is available on PTA website.The application along with supporting documents/requirements may be submitted to PTA Headquarters F-5/1, Islamabad by fax, mail or e-mail.
- Supporting documentation information for the Type Approval (as detailed in para-4) and provide the same in soft copy format i.e. on a CD/DVD/USB etc.
About The Application Form
- Application can be made either by manufacturers or by their authorized distributors and separate application is required for each brand name and model. If model of the equipment changes, the applicant will need to get fresh type approval of that equipment from PTA. If the applicant is not the manufacturer of the equipment, then Authorization letter from the Manufacturer authorizing the applicant for Type Approval/sale and market in Pakistan.
Samples For Testing
- The applicant shall provide a sample (1) for the model applied for the type approval to PTA.
- The applicant shall provide the following essential information
|Application Form||For Mobile/ SIM based devices
For Terminal devices
|Application Fee||Equipment Category & Fee Structure|
|Model No. and Marketing name||Applicant to provide|
|Equipment Classification||Applicant to provide|
|Undertaking from applicant that PTA Regulations/Directives will be followed. Applicant to provide Sample (1) Applicant to provide After Sales Service Facility/Customer Service Center||Applicant to provide|
|In case of a new company NTN, SECP, Company Profile etc.|
|Applicant to provide|
|Technical Brochure GSMA TAC Allocation for SIM based devices||Applicant to provide|
|Authorization letter from manufacturer for the Distributor(s)||Applicant to provide|
|Origin of Manufacture||Applicant to provide|
|Undertaking about Encryption Features on device||Applicant to provide|
|Undertaking that user data within the devices would be secure and would not be used for mala fide purpose||Applicant to provide|
|OS Report from 3rd Party lab for Mobile devices Details for OS Testing||Applicant to provide|
Type Approval /Testing Fee
- The Authority Charges Application Processing Fee (Non-Refundable) and Type Approval Certificate Fee separately. The application processing fee is in Pak Rupees equivalent to US$100 for local and imported equipment respectively and is non-refundable. The type approval fee for each category is separate and mentioned in Equipment Categories and Fee Structure. The amount has to be deposited to PTA in the form of pay order / demand draft. Particulars of bank account are as under:
- Beneficiary Name: Pakistan Telecommunication Authority
- Beneficiary Account No: NIDA11
- Beneficiary Address: PTA, Head Quarters, F-5/1, Islamabad
- Currency: US $ or Pak Rupees.
- Bank Name: National Bank of Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Bank address: Jinnah Avenue Branch, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Bank Branch Code: 1628
- Bank Swift Code: NBPAPKKAA02i.
PTA Accredited Test Laboratories
- The Authority accept RF, EMC/EMI, safety and functional Test Reports issued by a world renowned Laboratories. The tests conducted by the international accredited laboratories are accepted for type approval. PTA reserves the right to get any product retested if required. Local manufacturers are recommended to get their equipment tested from Air-Weapon Complex (AWC) laboratories.
- Details for Technical Standards is available here
Type Approval At Module Level
- If approval is required for a module which may be used in more than one product or model, then the applicant is required to submit a testable module with all other conformance reports. No further type approval is required prior module level type approval has been obtained.
Type Approval At Module Level
- Details of equipment requiring type approval is listed here and may change from time to time subject to authority decision.
ISM Band For WLAN, Bluetooth Etc
- Approved ISM band for Wireless equipment operating on non-interferences basis are 2.4-2.5 GHz and from 5.725-5.850 GHz and output power of up to 30dBm.
- Industrial Scientific and Medical (ISM) bands comprising 2.4-2.5 GHz and 5.725-5.875 GHz may be used free of charge by CVAS Data and Local Loop on Non-Interference Basis (NIB) with following restrictions on power limits:
- Commercial/ non-commercial (Public/Private) use for establishing Wi-Fi hot spot. Maximum EIRP of 30 dBm for each of the following bands: Ø Commercial/ non-commercial (Public/Private) use for establishing Wi-Fi hot spot. Maximum EIRP of 30 dBm for each of the following bands:
- 2.4-2.5 GHz
- 5.725-5.875 GHz
Need For Local Representative
- The applicant may apply directly from abroad or through their local representative in Pakistan
Type Approval Labeling Information
- All type approved equipment shall be marked distinctly as per labeling instructions contained in regulation 22 of the Type Approval Regulations, 2004. The certificate holder will affix green round paper seal with phase" Approved by PTA, year… "on each item of their production. The sample is attached for ready reference please. Also affix brown rectangular label on each equipment item containing details regarding serial number of the equipment and year of its manufacture. Manufacturers/Importers/Dealers will specifically mention that the terminal equipment offered by them is" approved by PTA in all of their advertisement.